Saral mobile app Saral Mobile App also called a Mobile Application or just an App is a software application designed to run on a mobile device. Nowadays, Mobile Apps have brought many changes into the marketplace including the way business is conducted. Today, we are heavily app-dependent and businesses of all shapes and sizes should …
Batch Number wise Stock Management with Alerts for item Expiry & Warranty
Batch number is a unique identification number for each item to manage a group of items. This number is given by the manufacturer of the item which can be used for quality control; understand the raw material consumption, costing etc.
Batch Number for Items/Products
A batch number is a unique identification number for each item to manage a group of items. This number is given by the manufacturer of the item which can be used for quality control; understand the raw material consumption, costing, etc.
The common information in a Batch number of Pharmaceutical and FMCG related products are Production facility name, Expiry date, and Manufacturing date of the item. Similarly, in Electrical & Electronics items, Batch number and Serial number will be used to maintain Warranty details.
Some common examples for Batch Number & Serial Number
- Packaged food products: Batch number is given based on the production cycle and expiry date.
- Pharmaceutical products: These products have very strict regulation on raw material traceability. So, Batch numbers have to be used for all raw materials as well as finished goods.
- Mobile phones: IMEI number is mandatory to be tracked during sales. This acts as the Batch number for the item.
- Automobiles: Each automobile will have a unique engine number and chassis number for serviceability
- Fabrics: Fabric has colour variations based on the dye used. So, a batch number is given to the fabrics which map the fabric to the dye number used.
Batch Number in Saral Billing and Accounts:
In Saral, an option is given to create a Batch Number manually or automatically. Auto Batch number creation is based on various factors like Supplier Bill Number, Vendor Code, Purchase Voucher Number, Purchase Rate, Margin, Purchase Discount, Tax Rate.
Batch Number can also be used to;
- maintain the same items with different MRP
- maintain same items with different Purchase/Sale Rates
- Items with Expiry Date or Warranty Details
- Manage Supplier Wise Stock.
Saral also has an option for Auto Batch Number Increment. This comes with a prefix to the Batch number and helps to maintain items that have frequent Purchase and Sales rate changes.
On enabling Batch number, one has to ensure that the Batch number is created for all Inward entries for each item and the same Batch number will be used during outward transactions.
Benefits of Batch Number in Saral Billing and Accounts:
- Maintain Supplier wise stock for same item
- Maintain different MRP and Rate wise stock for same item
- Maintain different expiry date, manufacture date and warranty details with alerts for same item
- Maintain different Bar-code/QR Code for same item
Batch Number Configuration, Utilization and Reports in Saral Billing and Accounts
- Go to Inventory >> Inventory Settings >> Batch >> click on Enable Batches to create a manual Batch number. Also enable Set Expiry Dates and Set Warranty Details, if required.
- For auto Batch creation with Increment, click on Auto Batch Increment. This will create an incremented Batch for every purchase entry of the same item. The increment will be given on each Item or Item Group.
- Else, click on Auto Batch Creation and enable required details i.e. Supplier Bill Number, Vendor Code, Purchase Voucher Number, Purchase Rate which can include Retailer/Dealer Margin, Purchase Discount, Tax Rate. These options will help to create an auto batch with the selected values and apply the settings.
- Next, go to Master >> Item, enter item details and select the Batch option. Enter the stock details and save which will create the item with Batch.
- Go to Inventory >> DC Inward/Purchase Invoice >> select the Supplier and enter supplier bill no. with a date. Then select the Batch enabled item, press Enter.
- Batch number will be auto-created if Auto Batch Creation or Auto Batch Increment is enabled. Else, press F9 for manual Batch creation.
- Also, enter the quantity of purchase and exit. Enter all details and save DC Inward/Purchase Invoice.
- Next, go to Inventory >> DC Outward/Sales Invoice >> select the Customer and the batch enabled Item.
- On enter, select the Batch number from the Batch list, quantity and exit. Enter all details and save the DC Outward/Sales Invoice.
- Go to Inventory >> Views >> Stock Information >> Batch Wise Actual Stock Valuation for Batch wise stock report.
- Go to Inventory >> Views >> Stock Information >> Stock List/Stock Ledger to view Stock details.
- Go to Inventory >> Views >> Stock Information >> select Expiring Item Details to view in-between period wise expiring items list
- Go to Inventory >> Views >> Stock Miscellaneous >> select Batch Wise Expiry or Batch Wise Warranty to view Expiring item list and item Warranty list.
Item with Alternate/ Multi-Unit Auto Conversion & Stock Management A unit of measurement is a quantity used as a regular for measurement of an equivalent kind of quantity. In addition to the base unit of measure, one may also use alternative units of measurement to manage items in several units. An item can have multiple …
Timber Inventory Management in Saral Billing & Accounts Timber refers to unprocessed wood which can be used to make wood products or within the development of buildings. Timber Inventory may be a part of inventory management for managing stock of Timber products. Timber inventory is often managed supported various sorts of timber sort of a …